1. Getting to the restaurants that overlook the sea and have the best table most of the time – everything without queuing.
2. Stumbling upon a Pride Walk and a party at the beach later, which also happened to be a nudist beach.
3. Drinking sangria and staying forever in one restaurant without the feeling that I am occupying a table for too long.
4. Visiting Arehucas Rum Distillery after the season means more samples for you and smaller tour group.
5. Staff is not in rush as during the high season so actually trying to say: ‘Coffee please’ in Spanish for over a minute is not met with an annoyance of a queue behind you.
6. Writing coursework outdoors is more than just a dream, is possible!
7. Taking photos is so much easier without crowds wandering around the Vegueta Old Town.
8. Mornings when opening window equals fresh breeze and Spanish buzz from nearby fruit market.
9. That moment when you have beach all for yourself.
10. Less people trying to sell fake Ray-Ban sunglasses I don’t want or need.
Off season prices in general are always a huge perk so I am not even going to count them.
Are you tempted to visit Gran Canaria? What perk is your favourite?